Head of School
Graduation Day Invites & Updates
All members of the HIS Family (students, parents & alumni) are invited to witness the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2018 to be held in the school gymnasium on Thursday, June 14, 2018.
The Graduation Day schedule will be:
Morning Only Class Schedule
- 8:30 ~ 11:50 Regular Classes
- 12:30 PM Gym Doors Open
- 13:00 Grad Ceremony Begins
- 14:30 Grad Ceremony Ends
- 14:30 Reception in the Multipurpose Room (1st Floor)
- 16:00 Reception Ends
We would like to congratulate our graduating class on the list of outstanding universities that have already offered places to our graduating students. Although the list continues to grow, we are excited to share those that we have been informed of:
- Arcadia University
- Arizona State University
- Bowling Green State University
- Brock University
- Center College
- Clarks University
- Colorado State University
- Drake University
- Drexel University
- Emerson College
- Franklin University - Switzerland
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Jacobs University
- Knox College
- Ohio State University
- SUNY at Albany
- SUNY at Bingham
- SUNY at Buffalo
- Hokkaido University
- Loyola Marymount University
- Oregon State University
- Pacific International Hotel
- Ritsumeikan University
- Simon Fraser University
- Trent University
- Washington State University
- Wilfred Laurier University
- University of Central Missouri
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Indianapolis
- University of Hawaii
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Oregon
- University of Washington Bothell
- University of Washington Tacoma
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Alberta
- University of San Diego
- University of Mississippi
We look forward to watching this list grow!!
From the Principal’s Office
Summer almost here!
Hope everyone enjoys these last few days of school!
Students, please remember to return all textbooks and other materials borrowed from your teachers. If you have lost a book, you must pay the replacement cost at the office by Wednesday, June 13th. Report cards and transcripts will not be distributed to students who have any outstanding materials.
As well, secondary students who have locker keys should return their key to their homeroom teacher by Tuesday, June 12th. (If you have lost your key, please submit 500yen instead).
Elementary report cards will be sent home with students on Thursday, June 14th
Secondary report cards will be emailed to families early next week.
2017-18 MAP testing reports will be included with report cards (MP3) or mailed (MS and HS).
Have a wonderful summer break!
Closing Ceremony and Talent Show
The annual Closing Ceremony and Talent Show has arrived. We are excited to again be celebrating the many and varied interests of our students. There will be singing and a bit of speechmaking. Students and Parents are requested to submit their talent items to the homeroom teachers by Monday, June 11, 2018 so as to facilitate the program list.
WHO: Any interested students, and perhaps, parents
WHAT: Performing an interest of their choosing
WHEN: Thursday, June 14 @ 10:00
Please note that from 11:30 - 12:30, there is a catered lunch from Klass Kitchen. We are grateful to our PTA for this special treat. Please also note that there is no afternoon school bus drop off on Thursday.
Three cheers to the fine folks of Pikinini for providing us with such lovely live music on Wednesday morning. I am so very proud that our school has been able to host and provide an engaged audience. It made for a lovely start of our day.
International Read Aloud
Thank you, Mitchell, from the Town Council for your impressive reading of "Sunny Heads for Cambodia: Not Mines, But Flowers II.” The students and I were very moved by this story and learned quite a bit.
Thank you for sharing this story. It needs to be told.
Thank you to all the parents that took the time out to attend our end of the year writing ceremony. We always appreciate when our student writers are able to connect with their audience.
My wife was especially impressed with the informative writing piece titled, Don’t Die by Insects, authored by Leon. It was very impressive.
Financial Assistance Program Donor Wall Unveiling
Please let me properly thank all from the Niseko Business Community who could take a bit of time out of their day to visit our school on Tuesday. I was impressed with the interactions between the kids and their writing audience.
On behalf of the families of HIS Niseko; thank you!
I hope we can cultivate our relationship for years to come.
- June 10th Halloween Pumpkin Planting with the Niseko Town Council (Barry attends)
- June 11th @ 9:00- Kids help with weeding and flower bed preparation.
- June 12th Niseko High School visits the campus to plant flowers followed by our annual school soccer match. 9:00- 10:00 Hokkaido Newspaper will be visiting us to interview Anita possibly and members of the community. Final Library visit for MP1- MP3 for summer reading.
- June 13th MP1-MP3 Park Golf from 12:30- 15:00. Final Student Farewells to exiting students.
- June 14th @ 10:00 - 13:30 Talent Show, Closing Ceremony and PTA sponsored lunch.
- June 15th Last teacher day in Sapporo. Breathe!
Teaching Administrator and Seasonal School Coordinator
Hokkaido International School Niseko
Husky Hugs go out
- Kirin and Yutaka Sugino for the immense time and effort put into “The Present” performance at Kitara and to their leadership and guidance of our music students.
- All teachers and staff who have had a hand in supporting the music program for this incredible event. It couldn’t be done without all of you!!
- A special thanks goes out to Mr. Hajime Katayama, Ms. Yukiko Kanai, Ms. Megumi Ando, Ms. Yoko Yamakawa and Ms. Kumiko Lazirko for all the behind the scenes work that cannot go unappreciated. Costumes, photos, sound, lighting and a myriad of smaller details were all dependent upon you!
PTA Steering Committee Meetings
Please note, all Steering Committee meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month. Any parent is welcome to attend, and please let Neil or Megumi know if you would like to become a regular (and voting) member of the committee.
Next PTA Meeting
Looking forward to seeing parents at the next PTA meeting this week on Wednesday, June 6th, from 15:45 in Room 206.
This is our last Steering Committee Meeting of the school year. If you are interested in perhaps becoming a member for 2018-2019, please and join us to check it out!
Everyone is welcome, please join us!
We will be discussing and voting on PTA Grants.
If you would like to have a babysitter, please contact me.
PTA EMAIL: email@example.com
New! PTA Information Website:
HIS Parent E-mailing List
Do you ever have trouble receiving the weekly HEx, Husky-Info bulletins or other school-wide emails? Do you have another email address to which you’d like to receive these electronic communications? If so, please email our communications coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update our mailing lists and include you as soon as possible!
June 14 (AM) - Last Day of School
June 14 (PM) - Graduation
June 15 - Teachers’ Last Day
Please see HERE for the Husky Lunch Menu for the week of June 11 - June 13
Sports will resume in the new school year with Volleyball and Futsul. Old and new players should keep an eye out for schedules. We look forward to another outstanding year of high participation rates.
There will be no Community Basketball during the Summer Break.
If you are an HIS parent and are looking for a babysitter for an evening or on the weekend, please feel free to contact email@example.com
Interested HIS parents can then be provided with a list of students available for babysitting.